Vaughn and Greg discuss a lot of topics!
- Event Sourcing
- The CQRS and Event Sourcing book Greg was completing at the time of this interview
- EventStore and specific unique features
- EventStore Clustering complexity PAXOS (defined by Leslie Lamport in 1998)
- Data Mesh
- “The Old New Thing”
- UDP multicast for trading messaging
- His upcoming next book
- His current work challenges
After saying “ciao for now,” Greg spontaneously continued the discussion, going into more details about book authoring. This turned into an interesting conversation about book writing experiences, but off topic from the initial podcast. You may still find it fun and informative.
Gregory Young coined the term “CQRS” (Command Query Responsibility Segregation) and it was instantly picked up by the community who have elaborated upon it ever since. He is the founder and creator of Event Store. He has 15+ years of varied experience in computer science from embedded operating systems to business systems and he brings a pragmatic and often times unusual viewpoint to discussions.